First of all… What is CBD Cannabis Oil?
Cannabis oil, a liquid containing cannabinoids extracted from the Cannabis Sativa plant, is a potent supplement that has a wide range of uses. Producing your own cannabis CBD oil is extremely dangerous but it has high rewards. Bellow are safety instructions and steps on how to make cannabis oil.
Our Guide on How to make Cannabis Oil from CBD Rich Hemp
The following step by step process will show you how to make cannabis oil that you can use. We recommend using the following safety items bellow.
- Safety paint or odour respirator mask
- Non-latex gloves
- Oven mitts or hot pads
- Safety glasses
99.5% Isopropyl Alcohol: Purchase 2 gallons per pound of cannabis to be processed. (Note:Never use denatured or rubbing alcohol for this process. If you have access to Everclear or other 190-proof alcohol, that is the best alcohol to use)
A spacious freezer
Two stainless steel stock pots, or food-grade plastic buckets
A long wooden stick, 2′ x 2′ lumber works good. Make sure it is not chemically treated wood.
73 micron bubble bag
Stainless steel rice cooker. Do not use a rice cooker with a non-stick surface, as it will leach chemicals into your oil.
Mason Jars, or large syringes
How to Make Cannabis Oil – The Process:
Place alcohol in freezer overnight. The resin glands containing cannabinoids separate easily from the flower when washed with chilled liquid
- Put the completely dried flowers in bucket or stock pot and freeze overnight.
- Fill the bucket or stock pot with the chilled alcohol until the flowers are submerged
- Place mixture in freezer for 1 hour
- Stir very lightly the mixture with the wooden stick. don’t smash the flowers
- Strain with a 73 micron bag into the second stock pot or bucket
- Repeat the rinse process with new alcohol and washed flowers one more time
- Pour the liquid into the rice cooker and boil off the alcohol. This step must be done outdoors to avoid inhalation of alcohol fumes. Continue boiling until all of the alcohol has evaporated. CBD is heat activated. For CBD acid (tetrahydrocannabolic) to be converted to CBD it needs to be heated to 212F degrees (100 C). for 75 minutes. At no time should the temperature of the oil exceed 290F degrees (140 C).
- Transfer the oil into a glass container with a tight fitting lid, such as a mason jar or pyrex. It can also be stored in syringes
- Store in a cool, dark place. it gets really hard when the temperature drops. Run warm water over its container or place it in the sun to turn it back into liquid.
We do need to say that this method is very dangerous to do at home due to fumes and dangers from the alcohol that you use, for this reason we recommend that you purchase our Pure CBD oil that is made in a safe and controlled environment.